I am currently a Software Development Specialist at SkillsForge, specialising in interactive design. I graduated with a first-class degree in Interactive Media from the University of York in 2018. My passion for User Experience Design and Web Development is something that I've been able to actively work on throughout my career.
In my day-to-day role at SkillsForge I tend to cover a variety of tasks including UX research and testing, UI design and development as well as front-end development. I have helped to implement a UX process for the company and am currently working to learn more about web accessibility, to make the platform as useful to as many users as possible.
My degree allowed me to work on a variety of projects from technical projects to humanities regarding the digital self and online culture. I believe that throughout the degree I developed myself into a well-rounded individual, with a solid understanding of programming, design and digital humanities.
- First-class degree in Interactive Media (2018)
- Highly Commended York Culture Award's Rising Star (2018)
- Nominated for the Gards in Games Awards 2018 Student Award (2018)
- UXQB, CPUX Foundation Level (2019)
- Bird & Co. IT Scholar Award (2015)
- Football - I play in the defence for my college’s football team at University, working as a unit to win games. We became the first team in the College’s history to reach the College Cup final in 2016.
- Calligraphy - One of my main interests is Calligraphy and I also enjoy looking at Logo Design. I enjoy looking at styles I haven't seen, trying to replicate them and understand how they're formed.
- Reading - I enjoy reading around my current topics for my Interactive Media and Society module. Most recently I’ve enjoyed reading Trebor Scholz’s latest work on the common practices within digital labour and his outline for the future of the digital economy.
- Travelling - I really enjoy travelling to new countries, or even new cities, and exploring.