I am an Accessibility Specialist for TetraLogical, a company that specialises in all aspects of Accessibility.
Previously, I've worked as an Accessibility Consultant for Defra - a branch of the UK Government, and a Software Development Specialist at SkillsForge.
At Defra, I worked in a similar role to that at TetraLogical, providing public sector bodies with accessibility guidance and support in order to make sites service as accessible to as many people as possible and to comply with the Public Sector Bodies Accessibility Regulations 2018.
At SkillsForge, I specialised in interactive design. I worked with stakeholders from universities in the UK and Australia, developed a UX process and created a company-specific design system, creating accessible, useful and usable designs.
In 2020, during the Covid-19 pandemic, I completed my MSc by Research in Interactive Media, investigating the use of personalisation to make user interfaces more accessible. I was awarded the degree without corrections, with examiners providing feedback such as: "A joy to read, and the most accessible presentation of a theses I've EVER seen. Needs to be used as a model for how it should be done".
- MSc by Research in Interactive Media degree (2021)
- Best Effect on Business Goals, UXUK Awards (2019)
- UXQB, CPUX Foundation Level (2019)
- First-class degree in Interactive Media (2018)
- Highly Commended York Culture Award's Rising Star (2018)
- Nominated for the Grads in Games Awards 2018 Student Award (2018)
- Bird & Co. IT Scholar Award (2015)